In our world of 7 billion, 1 billion suffer from hunger while another 2 billion suffer from obesity and other health issues related to unhealthy eating. TABLE FOR TWO USA (TFT) is a 501(C)(3) organization rights this global food imbalance through a unique meal-sharing program. TFT partners with corporations, restaurants, schools and other food establishments to serve healthy TFT- branded meals. For each one of these healthy meals served, $0.25 is donated to provide one school meal for a child in need.
On one side people are eating healthier meals, and on the other children in East Africa and low income neighborhoods in the US are receiving healthy school meals. It is in this way that TFT has served healthy meals to both sides of the "table" and helped to right the global food imbalance.
TABLE FOR TWO initiative was initiated by and is an official affiliate of the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders. As a non-profit organization which started in Japan and expanding globally, TABLE FOR TWO USA has started the unique programs, Onigiri Action and Wa-Shokuiku -Learn. Cook. Eat Japanese!- featuring Japanese food culture to tackle on the critical health issues.
A group of young global leaders met at “Forum of Young Global Leaders” established by the World Economic Forum to begin developing the concept for TABLE FOR TWO.
The first TABLE FOR TWO Meal Sharing program was launched in Japan.
In Japan, more than 100 companies joined the Meal Sharing program.
The Meal Sharing program expanded to restaurants, grocery stores, and online stores.
TABLE FOR TWO USA was launched in New York. A launch event was held at Columbia University featuring Professor Jeffrey Sachs.
Beyond the USA, TABLE FOR TWO expanded its activities worldwide to eleven countries, including Australia, Hong Kong, the Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, France, Norway, the Netherlands, and Switzerland.
TABLE FOR TWO USA began partnering with local schools to provide healthy school options to American students.
TABLE FOR TWO launches the worldwide “Onigiri Action” campaign, an annual social good campaign to feed children in need by taking a photo.
A year after starting, more than 110,000 supporters joined the Onigiri Action 2016 Campaign, helping to feed over half a million children in need.
In schools across the United States, we launched our Wa-Shokuiku – Learn. Cook. Eat Japanese! program to bring Japanese-inspired nutrition and cooking education to American students.
TABLE FOR TWO celebrated its 10-year anniversary.
Within the first year, TABLE FOR TWO USA organized 138 Wa-Shokuiku classes teaching over 1,500 students about nutrition and healthy Japanese eating practices.
The Onigiri Action campaign by TABLE FOR TWO exceeded our goal of providing 1 million school meals to children in need.
TABLE FOR TWO has been receiving prestigeous awards for its unique impactful programs.
1. Masa Kogure, Founder of TABLE FOR TWO, is recognized with a Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the Schwab Foundation.
2. Masa Kogure, Founder of TABLE FOR TWO, receives the World Service Medal from Kiwanis International
3. TABLE FOR TWO receives the Nikkei Social Initiative Award in the “International Sector” category from Nihon Keizai Shinbun (Nikkei).
4. TABLE FOR TWO “Onigiri Action” campaign receives “Marketing 3.0” Award from the Asia Marketing Foundation.
5. Mayumi Uejima-Carr, President of TABLE FOR TWO USA receives Leadership, Legacy & Inspiration Award
6. TABLE FOR TWO receives the Sustainable Entrepreneur Award in the “Lifestyle & Culture” category.
7. The TABLE FOR TWO iPhone app to track calories wins the “Good Design Award” in the Social and International Contribution Activities category.
8. TABLE FOR TWO receives the Japan Fundraising Award from the Japan Fundraising Association.
*TABLE FOR TWO USA(TFT USA) is an American nonprofit, tax-exempt organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. (federal tax ID #26-2512855) TFT USA is run independently from TABLE FOR TWO International.